That’s right – we don’t just sell bikes, we also hire them. Meaning you can test ride the latest and greatest machines – without a doubt the best Canberra bike hire on offer.
Why not take one of our hire bikes out for a pedal around your favourite trails and really test it out? An extended ride will help you discover your inner mountain-goat and help us help you.
The bike didn’t give you the ride you wanted? No problem. Try another one. That’s what hire bikes are all about and we are here to help you find your perfect ride.
Need some inspiration on where to do your trail testing? Canberra has world renowned mountain bike trails and beautiful scenic road routes – perfecting for testing your hire bike. See our local routes pages, or sign up for a Destination Trail Event.
City bikes are available for hire at our Braddon shop.
Our bike hire rates are pretty amazing, considering you are receiving the latest and greatest bikes from Specialized, Avanti and Brompton. That’s what makes The Cyclery the best Canberra bike hire in town.
- Full suspension mountain bikes cost $120 per day
- Hardtail mountain bikes cost $90 per day
- Special rates for extended hire periods:
- Book for 7 days and only pay for 5
- Book for 14 days and only pay for 10
- And so on, we’re sure you get the idea… for every additional 7 days that you book you will only pay for 5 days.
- Book for 30 days for even bigger discounts
- Hire a helmets for an additional $20 for the entire length of your hire
- Hire for 24 hours and only pay $110
- Hire for 2 days, $180
- 3 days, $230
- 4 days, $270
- 5 days, $300
- Hire for longer than 5 days and each day is only an additional $30
- Hire a helmet for an additional $20 for the entire length of hire
- Our Brompton city bikes are only $60 per day
- Book for 7 days and only pay $250
We can also provide a padded bike travel bag if you wish to travel with the bike – only $50 regardless of how long your hire period is.
Travel insurance is recommended if taking the bike interstate.
Pick up and Drop off options
Hire Bike Pick-ups
Pick up anytime during shop hours on the day of hire OR pick up between 2pm and 5pm the day before the day of hire.
Hire Bike Drop-offs
Return the bike anytime during shop hours on the day of hire OR between 9am and 11am the day after the day of hire.
Thank you for adhering to these time frames so that we can have the bikes ready to go for the next customer to pick-up.
- Our Fyshwick opening hours are 9-5.30, Monday to Friday and 9-4 on Saturdays. We are closed on Sundays.
- Our Braddon opening hours are 8-6, Monday to Friday, 9-4 on Saturdays, 11-3 on Sundays.
All our hire mountain bikes are running tubeless tyres – meaning you are less likely to get a flat tyre. However, these things still happen so with each hire we will provide you with:
- 1 C02 cartridge
- 1 spare tube
- Tyre levers
- Bottle cages
Booking a ride
We want to get you on the bike as soon as possible, so we’ve made booking a hire right here on our website a breeze. To ensure your hire bike is set up for you and ready to roll when you come and pick it up, please have the following information ready for when you head through to the booking page:
- Your Australian Driver’s Licence number (you’ll also need to bring this for ID when you pick up the bike)
- Your preferred pick up date
- What pedal system you prefer:
- We can fit the bike with platform pedals (you ride in regular shoes)
- We can fit Shimano SPD or SPD SL pedals (you ride with cleats – please bring your shoes in)
- Or if you ride a non-Shimano pedal system, you can BYO pedals and shoes and we will pop your pedals on the bike for you
- Rider weight, with all your riding gear on, so we can accurately set up the suspension if required
- Saddle height, if you know it – this is the measurement in a straight line along the seat tube (not vertically) from the top of your saddle to the centre of your bottom bracket axle, in mm.
Canberra bike hire – the fine print
- Our hire mountain and road bikes live at our Fyshwick shop. Our city bikes live at our Braddon shop. Pickups and drop offs only at these locations.
- Please respect our gear. If our gear is damaged, there will be a fee. A copy of your ID (drivers license or equivalent) and nominated credit card is required when you pick the bike up.
- Please make sure to return the bike the afternoon of the last day of hire or the morning after. We will charge an additional days hire fee for every 24hr period that the bike is overdue.